Ever since Americans in the South began publicly roasting pigs at parties and get togethers, Barbecues have been a common item in the lives of North Americans.
Since Americans in the South began publicly roasting pigs at parties and get togethers, Barbecues have been a common item in the lives of North Americans.
For most of the population using a grill is a essential part of cooking and for the hard core barbecuers once the summer comes in it’s barbecues all the way.
Every barbecue is always a good fun family event. Here are 5 ways to make your routine evening barbecue a more unique experience:
1) Who said you have to barbecue just meat? There is quite a lot that can be done with bread, fruits and vegies over a naked grill. One way to make barbecues and grilling more fun to the whole family is to use pastry cutters for what ever it is you are grilling. It is up to you and your kids envolvement to design and improvise thetype of food to use.
2) Try some of those foil packed recipes which cook in less than 20 minutes which are very handy and clean and kids will also love the surprise element. Combos can be great fun as you can mix it up any way you want and it makes a great time for the kids mixing and inventing different looking itemsout of bread, fruits and vegies.
3) They say variety is the spice of life so why only cook the same old sausages and steaks why not try something different like a nice bit of cod or a juicy bit of venison. Similarly, try to mix it up with condiments and seasoning.
4) Barbecues should not be rushed, they are supposed to be fun, many of the die hard barbecue fans out there will state that broiling is an insult to the barbecuing criteria. Barbecues should represent a process of slow cooking on low to high heat and while you wait for the food to grill its a great opportunity to have a good laugh with who ever is in your party be it friends and family.
5) When we werel small children our moms told us never to play with food, well there is an exception to every rule isn’t there? Getting the familt involvedincluding our teenage kids is a great way to have a really good time while BBQing. In the game Glutton, every player gets either mashed potatoes, turnip or mac&cheese, then they must pick at random a utensil from the kitchen and eat away and the first person to eat all of their dish wins.
There’s numerous other games we can play as family during a BBQ and of course enjoy the food beeing cooked on the appropriate Grill
HAPPY SUMMER !!!!